Commercial Fuel Tank Services & Installations
At Southern Tank Services Ltd we have the industry experience to handle most types and sizes of storage tanks but have the flexibility to tailor our services to your exact requirements. We handle work from the smaller agricultural tanks to the largest commercial fuel installations, above ground and underground tanks. Our most frequent service is the oil tank replacement that consists of the following basic steps:
- Pump out the existing oil to a temporary holding tank.
- Removal and recycling of the redundant tank, including gas-free certificate and waste transfer notice.
- Installation of a new, fully compliant oil storage tank and tank base.
- Connect the new tank to the existing oil feed pipe.
- Transfer the oil into the new oil tank
- Bleed the oil feed pipe and test the system.
With oil tank replacement and new oil or diesel tank installations we carry out an on-site survey to discuss your requirements, give an 'Oil Storage Risk Assessment" and explain how to comply with the current oil storage regulations for your site. In most cases we will be able to provide a written quotation for the work proposed within two working days.
For commercial and industrial sites we'll agree and work to a site risk assessment and method statement and issue waste transfer notices and gas-free certificates where appropriate. All our installation and redundant tank removal work is carried out to industry best working practice and Environment Agency guidelines. With full insurance and the backup from our ISO9001 certified management team.
Other services include:
- Bunded tank installation for heating oil, diesel fuel and chemicals.
- Dispensing pumps and tank equipment for red diesel fuel, Derv and petrol.
- Emergency containment.
- Oil spill remediation, clean-up and soil testing for hydrocarbons.
- Temporary tank rental and fuel transfer.
- Short to long term diesel fuel tank hire.
- Relocation of fuel oil tanks.
- Fuel management systems.
- Installation of the oil feed pipes, including pipe-in-pipe secondary contained pipework.
- Pressure testing of oil pipes with certification.
- Pressure Testing of U.N. approved fuel bowsers, water bowsers and tanks.
- Installation of remote or extended filling pipes.
- Replacement of valves, gauges, pumps and ancillary equipment.
- Oil tank removal and recycling of redundant tanks and any remaining oil, including confined spaces and cutting.
- Safe decommissioning of underground oil storage tanks, either by complete removal or RG22 foam filling.
- Testing for and removal of water in an oil tank followed by recommended treatment of the remaining oil.
- Fuel testing, polishing and filtration systems.
- Installation of fire screens and barriers.
- Bund lining and bund wall repairs.
All our work is carried out by our fully trained and OFTEC qualified engineers, so you can be sure of a high standard of knowledge and workmanship.
If you have any requirements or questions call us or use our contact page and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.