Oil Tank Installation & Replacement ServicesDomestic oil tank installation and oil tank replacement have always been the core of Southern Tank Services Ltd skills. Our teams of friendly OFTEC (Oil Firing Technical Association) qualified engineers are experienced, trained and fully insured for domestic and commercial installation work for your complete peace of mind.
For domestic oil tank replacements and services we cover Somerset, Dorset, Wiltshire, Hampshire and West Berkshire.
The procedure for replacing domestic oil tanks or commercial sized tanks are basically the same.
Typically, after the initial site visit to assess the current oil tank installation, we'll carry out an Environmental Risk Assessment and present a solution that will comply with current building regulations, oil storage regulations and OFTEC guidelines. After agreeing with the quotation cost and on your instructions, we will commence the oil tank replacement by:
- Pumping out your existing oil to our holding tank.
- Disconnect, remove and recycle the redundant tank within the environmental code of best practice.
- Construct a base suitable for the new tank.
- Install the new tank and connect to the oil feed pipe.
- Transfer the oil out of the holding tank into the new installation.
- Bleed the oil pipes and prime the appliances and test.
- Issue an OFTEC CD10 completion report and register the work with OFTEC, who issue a Certificate of Conformity directly to you.
The FPS (Federation of Petroleum Suppliers) is the trade association for the oil distribution industry in the UK and Republic of Ireland. It also publishes some very useful information for oil tank installation and the safe storage of fuel oils.
The Environment Agency publish a series of Pollution Prevention Guides (PPG), 'PPG2-Above Ground Oil Storage Tanks" is for non-domestic installations. It contains some very useful information for all aspects of fuel oil storage and best practice for installation, ancillary equipment such as pumps, pipework and draw off hoses.
Above Ground Oil Storage Tanks: PPG 2
If you have questions about oil storage installations or any aspect of oil tanks and storage, please feel free to call our experts or send an email via our Contact page