Fuel and Oil Tank Removal
Oil Tank Removal and Recycling is being requested more and more as our clients are finding alternative fuel to petrol, kerosene and diesel oil. Our specialists engineers are fully trained and qualified in oil and fuel tank removal and recycle both above ground and underground tanks. Our experienced teams of engineers are confined spaced trained for working in basements, cellars and rooms inside buildings and qualified to decommission and remove redundant oil storage tanks.
Decommissioning, Oil and Fuel Tank Removal
With domestic sized tanks, the simplest method is to remove the tank whole, using a combination of man power, a specially designed trolley and a crane mounted on our lorry. Where access is limited and cutting the tank on site is the only option, we use a nibbler and reciprocating saw for cold cutting steel tanks and the reciprocating saw for cutting plastic tanks.
When commercial fuel and oil tanks need removing, before we take out the tank, we generally clean and de-gas the tank and issue a gas free certificate. After the fuel tank removal process the tank is ready for removal from the site either whole with crane assisted haulage or our team of engineers will use a combination of hot cutting with a gas torch or cold cutting with industrial steel nibblers and reciprocating saws. Either way, we will issue a waste transfer notice for the waste material and any fuel oil removed as part of the cleaning and gas freeing process.
Our usual oil and fuel tank removal procedure after initial contact is as follows.
- Site meeting to assess the tank and survey the site for access.
- Issue a quote for the work required.
- Agree on a method statement and risk assessment for the works.
- Carry out the fuel tank or oil tank removal and recycling work as agreed with the method statement and in line with latest Environment Agency guidelines and industry best practice.
- Issue waste transfer notice and gas free certificates.
- Oil transferring to other tanks on site.
- Removal and recycling of remaining waste oil.
- Tank cleaning.
- Oil pipe pressure testing and clearing.
- Underground tank decommissioning by foam filling or complete oil and fuel tank removal
- Environmental re-mediation and clean up, soil sampling and contaminated waste removal.
Based in the central south of England allows our engineers to carry out commercial fuel and oil tanks work from the Midlands and areas to the south including Warwickshire, Northampton, Bedfordshire, Buckingham, Hertfordshire, Gloucester, Oxford, Berkshire, Middlesex, Somerset, Bristol & Avon, Wiltshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Sussex, Surrey, Kent and London.