Double Skin 'Pipe in Pipe' Bunded Pipe Work for Fuel Oils
Secondary contained pipe, also known as pipe in pipe or bunded pipe, is becoming industry standard for underground petroleum, fuel oil and chemical pipework requirements. Using a HDPE (high density polyethylene) primary pipe and a secondary pipe to add a further level of protection to the environment, our qualified installation engineers can install a pipe work system complete with leak detection capability and the highest levels of environmental protection. Double wall, pipe in pipe manufactured in HDPE has many advantages over the traditional steel pipe with mechanical joints. These include:
- Longer coil lengths (upto 100m) allows for less joints.
- Electro fusion welding 'Gemini System" for fast installation & strong assemblies which allows direct burial with no need for inspection chambers.
- HDPE is corrosion resistant
- Integral EVOH liner gives great chemical compatibility for hydrocarbon and alcohol based fuels.
- Smooth bore gives low resistances for efficient pumping.
- Unmatched resistance to ground movement